SwanLaab ends 2017 with 5 investments in great StartupsPosted by in Blog
Since the first closing of the fund Swanlaab Giza Innvierte I (see www.swanlaab.com), the first Israeli venture capital fund operating in Spain, of which J21 is a co-founder LP and Advisroy Board member, we have managed to invest in five great startups that hopefully will convert into great companies:
- Coowry (€ 1m together with Breega Capital): micro-payments platform that enables mobile users to use their phone credit (both for prepaid and contract plans) as exchangeable digital currency.
- Trappit (€ 1.1m together with Sabadell and a group of corporate investors): software solution with proprietary algorithms that allows to monitor the price evolution of plane tickets after their issuance. The tool detects potential price reductions on any equivalent ticket to the given one, allowing the client to exchange his pre-existing ticket for a cheaper one (as long as the client can benefit price-wise of the process).
- Sales Layer (€ 1.2m together with Global Omnium): is a PIM (Product Information Management), an intelligent catalog management platform that helps brands and retailers increase their sales by improving their product content (all the images, descriptions, specifications, translations, etc.) updated across multiple interfaces and multiple sales channels.
- Unnax (€1.5m together with CSQ, Keywords and other investors): a Banking as a Service platform that allows companies and financial entities to develop new products and services in a quick and simple way. The multiproduct API platform offers paying solutions and money movements, financial data, risk measurement tools, client validation management products, identification verification tools, fraud prevention, etc.
- Continuum (€ 1.5m together with JME and Soane): a cybersecurity company in the Application Security sector, with a Threat Modeling solution aimed at enterprises to help developers and security analysts reduce and mitigate software vulnerabilities at application design time.
J21 Partners is happy to be part of the story of Swanlaab, one of hard work and persistence to achieve a vision in creating a technology fund in Spain in the midst of possibly the worst times of economic turmoil of our history… One very important lesson for the future from SwanLaab worth highlighting is that with hard work and a good team everything is possible.
We want to wish you all a very happy and succesful 2018!!